At Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangaluru, Kolkata & Guwahati.(An initiative from Govt. of Assam)
The Health & Family Welfare Department Govt. of Assam has introduced a Novel scheme whereby, the Govt. will bear the expenses of surgery for children born to permanent residents of Assam who have been recommended surgery for Congenital Heart Disease w.e.f. 01-07-2010.
TThe Govt. bears the air fare from Guwahati, of the child and one guardian to and from the designated Referral Hospital, besides providing adequate accommodation facility in or close to the hospital for the guardian during the hospitalisation period of the child.
- The Scheme came into effect from 1st July’ 2010.
- Children between the age 0-14yrs who have been certified by the HoD Paediatric Surgery, GMCH as requiring cardiac surgery.
- The guardian must be a permanent resident of Assam and income should not exceed Rs. 6.00 Lakh per annum.
The patient must apply to the Nodal Officer along with the following documents:
- Application to the Nodal Officer for financial aid
- Permanent residential certificate of Assam
- Address proof
- Medical certificate requiring cardiac surgery by a competent and qualified Cardiac Surgeon
- All relevant documents related to the illness including expenditure receipts of laboratory tests (viz. x-ray report, doctors’ advice, pathology test report etc.) shall be presented to the Nodal Officer for consideration of the case
- Referral certificate for cardiac surgery including name of referral center.
- Details of employment of guardian.
- Income certificate
- Letter from referral hospital mentioning the tentative date of operation
- The patient must present himself before the State Nodal Officer or, be exempted from physical examination by him with grounds for such exemption
For necessary information regarding the Scheme, the person may contact Dr. Abhijit Sarma, Addl. Superintendent, GMCH or the Department of Cardiology, GMCH, Guwahati.
Total 4172 numbers of children were treated under the scheme since 2009-10 till 2016-17.
Till 2016-17,Govt. of Assam has sanctioned Rs. 57.20 crores under CHD scheme. Out of which Rs. 54.67 crores has been utilised.